Thursday, August 07, 2008

Opinions

I’ve always told people that I’m unoffendable; the way I’ve always looked at things is, if it’s the truth, then how can you argue the fact, and if it’s a lie then what’s the point other than argue the difference, but at what point would you be offended. Take for example I told you that your mother wore combat boots…if she does, then how can you be offended, it’s a fact, and if she doesn’t then what does it matter other than to say, “B.S., you don’t even know my mother.” See? Unoffendable!

Now, with that said, that doesn’t mean that I don’t get pissed, angry or irate; quite the contrary, if you mess with my department, do not expect me to quietly lay down and allow it to happen just because you’ve never had anyone that was willing to confront you before, especially when the issue is customer facing and in fact you’re the one that dropped the ball.


This was the beginning of a rant that I wrestled with posting and inevitably decided not to (I even had the entire thing typed out). While I didn’t name names or companies I wondered if it might be in poor taste to post goings on within my organization even though the individual I was ranting about apparently had no qualms with doing the same, except she did name names.

Opinions?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is don't go there.

12:31 PM  
Blogger justacoolcat said...

For purely selfish reasons I say air it all out.

4:01 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I think you definitely have more class that this other person does. I wish I could tell her she sucks and to shut her stupid face so there. Nyah! :O(

10:09 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

I think I gotta agree Slaygirl...

Great JACC...just for purely personal reasons we were at 50/50.

Thanks Mel, I did...just not in front of the customer. I let her know just how disappointed I was with the situation.

I'm not gonna post it, but you would have enjoyed it JACC.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking the high road is never fun, but I enjoyed the start to your rant.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Bridget Jones said...

Agree with JACC but wouldn't hurt to *** out some parts of names and companies. Not as a 'chicken sh*t', but to save yourself some angst.

It's YOUR blog!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Once you start blogging about work, you've opened the gates and it's tough to go back. And it is very difficult to know how much information to give and what to hold back.

12:27 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

Thanks Flying, appreciate. Not sure if I took the high road or not, just wondered what would have been considered going to far. I wouldn't name names or anything, but just wasn't sure.

Definitely agree Bridget, I've always been a straight shooter, but have always held back if not appropriate. What really brought this whole thing up was the whole self serving nature of what this individual did. Still thinking that it might be best to let sleeping dogs lie; the person in question did write a lengthy apology...of course after the fact and only to me.

I believe you're right Barbara, I think I'm going to file this in the round receptacle.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home