Monday, August 04, 2008

Joined the Dark Side


I guess I have to caveat this with I'm in no way shape or a form a Star Wars fan; in fact I pretty much reject the entire series, but that's another story. No, what I'm referring to is the return to my youth and the purchase of a Macbook Pro (ok, well...I didn't have a Mac as a youth, but had the Apple IIe Plus). It was actually a relatively painless decision given the alternative of Windows Vista....oooh, I gotta get me some of that. The fact that Mac was running a deal for students with $200 off the laptop and a free IPod only sweetened the deal.

So here I am, completely hip with my Mac and my IPod...worship me.

Yea, so maybe that was a stretch...maybe I do have Plato's “The Republic” audio book on the IPod, but I'm still hip right? Right?!?

Help me out here.

6 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

Holy shit! You got the MacBookPro!!!!! I'm so jealous! I got a regular ole Macbook this year, and I LOVE IT!

I also got a new iPod nano for my bday in June, cause I done wore my old one out! hehe! Aren't Macs great?!

I've been a PC user since 1990, so the switch is weird, but I do still have my old PC running Windoze XP, and will keep it til it dies completely. (sentimental I guess)

My son has a newer PC with Vista, and he can't use half his hardware with it, such as; the guitar port I bought him for Christmas, for crying out loud!!!!

9:36 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

Same here, I'm diggin it. I'm still trying to figure out how to do certain things, but seriously into it.

I'm in the same boat, been using PC's since early 90's and still have my Sony desktop on XP, but it's 5 years old and starting to act it's age.

I'm also trying to use nothing but open source software for a change with the exception of Photoshop and Illustrator which I did buy. Go go student discount :)

This is my first iPod and I'm having a blast with it...I got the iPod touch.

That's exactly what I heard about Vista, I have a friend that's a DBA and he has issues with Vista...not my cup of tea.

See...great minds think alike!

10:08 PM  
Blogger justacoolcat said...

You come back and then you tell me now you're a Mac person?

Ugh.

(still good to have you back)

5:50 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

Times have changed JACC...I mean, I have to have something to feel smug about. Not sure what you're ugh'ing about though, that I'm back or that I have a Mac.

Must be my cologne.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Careful not to break that hip!

9:41 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

I gotta figure out how to use it first. I've never been hip before, but I heard milk helps.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home