Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blogger weirdness

I posted a video last night, nothing special, but a video I found interesting and while publishing I saw the signpost up ahead…database error, the maintenance people have been notified. Ooooh, the maintenance people…a special subclass of illuminati that work the gears of the machine and oil the mechanisms that churn out my daily drivel.

The odd thing was, while I received an error it still posted my video, but would not let me edit or allow any replies in addition to not allowing me to post any follow up entries. My blog was officially broke and with no way to notify my loyal readers I was stranded on Gilligan’s isle with only Mary Ann (who was complaining). Inspiration struck me in the WC and I thought, “What if I republish my entire blog, I wonder if that would correct the error.”

Miracles do occur, it worked and it beat the alternative of spamming everyone’s blog with irrelevant post on how I was trapped in a basement.

Maintenance people…who needs ‘em (only kidding).

7 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

ARgh, that's so crazy making hey. I broke my blog a few times, and now I keep a back up of my template just in case. LOL @ trapped in the basement
I hope you are having a good weekend and the family is all feeling well!

12:11 AM  
Blogger chelene said...

That's what I always do. It's the only thing that ever works when Blogger goes bust.

2:35 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

The whole thing was pretty frustrating...I couldn't find a daggum "Contact Support" link anywhere.

I'm sure this is all part of some social engineering program...kind of like a piece of cheese at the end of a maze.

Had one heck of a weekend...talk about busy.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I've had to resort to republishing as well, when on occasion my blog has disappeared (scarier than loosing your kid in a mall, I tell you) and I could only access old posts through email. It does feel as though you have beaten the system when that works, doesn't it?

3:57 PM  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

at least blogger keeps us busy...

4:40 AM  
Blogger SlayGirl said...

I had the same freaking thing happen to me!!! I tried to post the post I did about Mel 4 times and each time Blogger said it encountered an error.

I finally copied and pasted my post in to word, logged back into blogger and saw that it was posted 4 times...Weird.

Btw:
"Maintenance people…who needs ‘em (only kidding)."
If you see anyone looking like they just stepped out of a "Matrix" movie...I'd suggest you make a run for it.

1:19 AM  
Blogger zombie said...

Barbara, I can't tell you how good it feels to beat the system...now if I could figure out how to republish the IRS, I'd be set.

Too true Angel, but couldn't we stay busy doing something like...sleeping? :)

Maybe it wasn't really there 4 times Slaygirl...maybe you just took the wrong pill? Next time, try the tic tac...doesn't make the pain go away, but it's good for what ails ya.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home