Sunday, August 03, 2008

This ain't the Shining

I've returned, kind of like the Rolling Stones minus the talent, money, adoring fans and well, you get the point. I've come back nonetheless. I guess that makes me the proverbial blogger phoenix, rising from the ashes of broken bits and electrons, seizing broadband and cooking hot dogs.

Difficult as it is to believe, it's been nearly two years since my last post; my absence however, has not been uneventful and to the contrary, in retrospect, it seems during that period I've lived a lifetime.

I'll do my best to summarize the events of the past two years; in January of 07 I was involved in a serious car accident. Typical to the stories, I was commuting home late at night on a deserted (obviously not deserted enough) country road when a SUV crossed the center line in a corner and plowed into the driver's side of my truck. Unfortunately for the campfire story crowd, for the most part I came out of the incident unscathed, allowing for some shoulder issues that plague me today and the air bag burn scars. The unbelievable part was that it was decided my truck should be repaired, which $26,000 spent and two years later sits in my driveway. They actually did spend $26,000 to repair a $23,000 truck (the original estimate was $5,000 to fix) and two years (off and on) to fix it. Yes, the claims adjustor still works for them.

I quit my job, went back to college, had to have a root canal, missed having money and took a position as CTO with a shipping company.

Had a mishap with my motorcycle when a tractor trailer rig threw a retread and a four foot section of road gator (tire) almost took me out; limped home with a bent frame. Bought a new bike and repairing the old.

Took two motorcycle trips to the Smokys in Tennessee and rode a highway known as Deal's Gap, or Tail of the Dragon...one time at night.

I've aged and my children have grown and it seems that I'm not the only one that life has happened to. JACC, congratulations Dad. Slaygirl, what happened to her and Mellow...what are you doing spending all your time on FaceBook?

I'm about to head to bed, but wanted to finish my weekend with a quick howdy and share a bit of past two years…condensed into two minutes.













My son and his Principals Honor Roll for the Year Award (only 3 kids got this). My daughter at last year's pumpkin festival.

9 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

Welcome back Zombie! I really missed you!!!

1:12 AM  
Blogger zombie said...

Missed you too Mellow, it's been a hectic time to say the least.

I think things are quieting down.

9:43 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are quieting down. I love the photos of your kids!

1:46 PM  
Blogger justacoolcat said...

Dude. Way to hang in there.

5:52 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

Thanks Mel, they're growing up quicker than I am...which may or may not be a bad thing.

Thanks JACC...been one heck of a ride.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I'm glad you made it through the wilderness! The kids are adorable.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all I'd like to say "HI!". I am glad to see you are back, and in one peice. Can't keep a good Zombie down eh? Good to catch up on what you've been doing but MAN you had A LOT happen in the last 2 years. I read your post between gasps of your accidents. Glad you're okay.
As for me I left the blogging world shortly after you did. Worked, raised kids etc. I have recently decided to go back to school myself...I am going back in September to get my Master's degree. Thnx for thinking of me. I was glad to see my name on your blog role after all this time. S'ok if you take it off though, I won't mind. Love the pics of your kids, they are SO cute.

1:12 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

Thanks Dale, much obliged. I've always believed everything happens for a reason...even if the reason is to set an example on how NOT to do something.

Heya Slaygirl, thanks. Hard to keep a zombie down...other than that whole decapitation thing. Hated to see that your blog disappeared when I came back to rediscover everything. Grats on getting back to school, I wish ya the best. What's your major? Bah, so long as Slaygirl has a URL, it'll be there.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My major is boring. One that my brother uses when people ask him is balloon animal making. If I ever went to clown college though I would want to learn how to ride that tiny little bike. My kids and I saw it at a circus recently - halarious.

Re: keeping the Slaygirl URL, COOL!, thanks. It is not even really mine. It popped up a few days after I deleted my blog. I really appreciate the thought though.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home