Sunday, September 03, 2006

Known unknowns

Finally, some peace and quiet…the door to my office is shut, the oldest boy is locked in the eternal struggle of good versus evil watching “The Hobbit” and the littlest girl is nodding off in my wife’s arms, who coincidently enough is also nodding off and me reeking of hickory smoke from the evening’s barbeque.

The weekend so far has left no waking moment unoccupied and every second filled with domestic adventure. Other than overcast, Saturday proved to be a pleasant day with only mist of rain playing off of the cool morning and dissipating as the day advanced towards evening. After accompanying my friend in the purchase his new truck, the zombie tribe launched an attack on a local RV dealership searching for a conveyance to further our travels with all the comforts of home.

After a year of research, we found the Outback 23RS to our liking and paid the funds to secure the model we were interested in. We take delivery next Saturday and prior to that, I have to bring the truck in to get the brake controller for the trailer installed.

That night was filled with seafaring adventure with the recently purchased Monopoly, Pirates of the Caribbean (which has come to be known and Munplee Partza Carbean by my son). I was the skull…it only seemed appropriate for a zombie (see…told you I’d make a good pirate).

This morning after another swift (is there any such thing as a swift game of Monopoly) game of Munplee, we headed off to get hamburger (turned into chili burgers) and a bitter Sam Adams Black Ale beer for the nights barbeque. The finale of the night, in my son’s opinion the main attraction of the weekend, we opened and set up “Smithsonian Prehistoric Sea Monsters”.

The Prehistoric Monster kit contains a plastic bowl and triop eggs, a crustacean from the Triassic period that have the ability to live in suspended animation, according to the informative printed instructions enclosed within. If all goes well, in about a month, we’ll have an entire colony of these sea bugs up to 3 inches long. I can’t help but think of the sea monkey advertisements I used to see in the back of my Batman comic books as a youth. Coincidently enough, my friend, after saving for what seemed like years, ordered the sea monkey kit. After the appropriate time for shipping we hastily set it up and nurtured the little critters to maturity. Talk about false advertisement…the lady sea monkeys did NOT have breast, what a disappointment.

The wife is trying to coerce me into watching the movie, “Night Watch”, I’m going to try to sneak in a few minutes to answer JACC’s tag.

2 Comments:

Blogger red said...

NightWatch is a great movie. Did the Triops grow as promised?

11:36 AM  
Blogger zombie said...

Heya Red...actually the Triops grew better than expected. Their huge and actually pretty cool.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home