Sunday, August 13, 2006

Does it get any better...

Usually my cynical nature precludes me from having too much fun at the expense of my sanity, but Jim talked me into going out for a ride yesterday. Well, talked isn’t exactly the way it happened, he called me from East Coast Harley (literally 5 minutes away) and told me he was on his way. I hadn’t even showered by that time…man, I’m a lazy, so I set up the sprinkler and ran through it. In typical Jim fashion, he didn’t show up for another 20 minutes (still trying to do the math on that one, I could walk there in 10 minutes).

When he did arrive he complained of a headache. After he sucked up some aspirin I found out he hadn’t had any coffee that day, call me doctor zombie, but knowing the way this guy huffs coffee, I told him that it was a caffeine headache. Whipped up some extra strong instant (Juan Valdez is rolling his grave) and about an hour later, he was right as rain…if that’s possible with him.

The weather was perfect for a ride and we headed out towards one of the state parks. Even the deer that jumped out in front of us didn’t bother me (even though it did cause me to lock up the brakes and increase the pucker factor). It was one of those riding days that make you rethink your existence and the reason you work at all. Fortunately these days don’t come around that often, if they did I’d probably have to opt for some surly vagabond existence that included robbing trains ala Butch Cassidy and end up in jail. I’m sure Bubba would be kind enough to lend me his soap on a rope.

Wish life offered some type of rewind option…I’d still be in yesterday.

5 Comments:

Blogger SlayGirl said...

Liked this post Zombie! You have a way with words. I also have friends whose lives exist in time warps and who like riding bikes so I was laughing through this whole thing. I particularly enjoyed "pucker factor". One friend was famous for his 5 min rides to the next town, which is ok except it generally takes 30 to get there. Now, no one every really timed it of course cause you know, with the shrieking and white knuckles you forgot to actually time.

I sounds like you had a great day yesterday.

3:37 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

Thanks much Slaygirl, I really appreciate it.

I have to admit, I'm right there with you...I'm ashamed to admit, that during times of sheer terror and acts of self preservation, that I don't take the time to calculate the duration of the event...there, I said it. I'm so ashamed LOL.

10:41 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

LOL Awesome post! I'm glad you had a great day.

10:54 PM  
Blogger zombie said...

Thanks Mel...had such a great day I went out and tried to replicate it this afternoon. I succeeded :D

10:58 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

YESSSS! Good ta hear :)

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home