Friday, August 11, 2006

My “muse” is nocturnal

That was tough to write, almost like describing how your pituitary glands are secreting some kind of noxious liquid through your neck…not exactly party conversation.

Now that I had the design of the blog completed, I was faced with content (I'm about as interesting as cracker pie...no offense to cracker pie). Most of the writing I’ve done previously was, the facts and only the facts, technical articles and books, and I’ve rarely (e.g. read never) sat down and wrote anything of an opinionated nature. My friends will laugh considering how opinionated I can be.

Wrestling with insomnia and contemplating what in the world I had to say that anyone, but me, would be concerned with, my muse woke up and started whispering the most intriguing topics in my ear. I listened intently, my interest peaking and me almost leaping out of bed to get to the computer (ok, a bit of an exaggeration). Well, knowing that I still had to work this morning, I forced myself to lie there, taking careful note of the topics.

Now that I’m awake, and my nighttime objects of fascination all but vapor, my “muse” is nowhere to be found (damn I hate saying “muse”… too artsy for my taste) and I wonder, once again, what the hell am I going to write about.

I think my muse is a stripper.

2 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

:)!! Don't worry, soon the ideas will be pouring out. Blogger is a great outlet for a lot of stuff that may normally just pass through your thoughts/memory and *pouf* gone into thin air otherwise.

hmmm I went to bed before 4 am for the first time in weeks...and here I am awake at 4:48am..damnit! Talk to you later :)

PS still LOVING the layout. (as in please don't change it hehe)

7:54 AM  
Blogger zombie said...

That's the problem...too many of those thoughts poof into thin air, well before getting a chance to spill them out. Hmmm, maybe an age thing...and with the oddball ideas running rampent through my head, it might not be such a bad thing.

You know the old saying, early to bed early to rise...something something something. I just figured early to bed was early in the morning.

Thanks Mel, still no plans to change the design...I'm still kind of digging it.

Have a great day!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home